Business Development Manager - South West (f/d/m)
We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest, yet least digitised, sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists, who share our vision.
To develop profitable new business from customers who do not yet trade with YardLink.
Reports to the Head of Sales and will also build close relationships with the wider sales, operations and marketing team.
About the Role:
As a Business Development Manager, you will be at the forefront of our expansion, helping to rapidly grow our customer base. Your main tasks will be:
- Researching prospective customers in the construction and related industries.
- Qualifying and pitching our service to decisions makers and influencers to convert them into YardLink customers.
- ‘Hard Onboard’ customers so that they are fully connected with YardLink and use us as a priority supplier.
- Understanding specific customer needs and developing the right approach to meet their requirements.
- Working to hit weekly and monthly targets/KPI’s and keeping on top of your sales pipeline.
- Being creative and using your initiative to develop our customer base. Use all avenues of lead generation and be hungry to convert them.
- Work with the Head of Sales to develop strategies for finding and converting opportunities to profitable revenue.
- Generating innovative ideas, based on feedback from the marketplace, to enhance YardLink’s offering.
- Communicating and collaborating daily with your line manager and the wider sales team.
- Maintaining a record of all activity on the company CRM system and completing reports as required.
- Meeting and aiming to exceed sales targets.
- Demonstrating a high level of commercial acumen and use this to make smart decisions for the business.
- Actively working with the SDR and wider sales team to ensure cross pollination of opportunities, leading to maximised conversion rate being achieved.
- Providing 7* customer when engaging with prospects and customers.
- 3 years+ B2B sales experience with a proven track record of attaining and exceeding targets. Previous experience of selling within construction industry is an advantage.
- Excited by the idea of a tech platform helping to transform the procurement process for construction companies, enabling projects to be delivered on-time and within budget.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that growth businesses are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of change.
- Demonstrable skills in negotiating and selling.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient.
- Highly confident and comfortable selling to key decision makers and influencers within target customers. Comfortable selling at site level as well as in offices with the tenacity to ‘find a way’ to convert opportunities.
- Comfortable selling over the phone, through video and face to face, with a proven track record of winning opportunities using all 3 forms of communication.
- Tech savvy. comfortable working with our CRM solution and software tools.
- Strong communicator. Articulate with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out.
Key factors for success:
Success in 3 months will include:
- A sizeable pipeline of prospective customers will be created and contact made with key influencers / decision makers held. All recorded within the CRM system.
- Pipeline progress demonstrable with the majority of prospects.
- A full understanding of the YardLink offering and a good ability to articulate and sell this to target customers.
- Demonstrable evidence of new customers opening accounts and starting to trade with YardLink.
- Revenue targets hit or exceeded.
Success in 6 months will include:
- Numerous conversations held with each prospect, all recorded within the CRM system.
- A growing pipeline of prospects. Conversations held with key decision makers/influencers, all recorded in CRM.
- Success in line with targets of customers opening accounts, being onboarded and hard activated.
- Thorough detail of each prospect and customer is recorded within CRM with excellent detail ay every level.
- Run rate of a 15+ quality meetings being held each week with prospects and customers.
- Revenue targets hit or exceeded.
- Run rate of 9 new SME customers per month opening accounts and trading with YardLink.
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a growing team located in central London, dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business. You'll also have a unique opportunity to make a real impact and contribute to the success of a rapidly growing start-up.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level