Business Development Manager (f/m/d)
Caravelo is a travel-tech company with a global team and roots in Barcelona that specializes in subscriptions. We make travel better and more accessible by enabling our clients to offer better products and helping them to become more profitable and more stable businesses.
Our team has been growing exponentially over the past few years and at the moment we are a team of 50 people working mostly from our HQ in Barcelona. If you’d like to be part of our growth journey, read on.
As successful BDM you will:
- Be a relevant contribution to a small, high-output, Enterprise SaaS Sales team.
- Own the Sales process from first contact into Qualified New Business Opportunity to deliver a robust pipeline of progressed sales opportunities ready to be taken to the next level of the sales process by the Sales Director.
- Support the Sales Director to achieve the company’s strategic objective of securing key deals whilst reducing the time to contract (coordinate NB operations and provide additional support during the process).
- Being a self-driven professional with an entrepreneurial approach
- Improve the sales engine and team dynamics, blending in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Pipeline generation
- Understand airlines' strategic needs and current pains, considering the evolving industry and market trends.
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients, based on a deep understanding of Caravelo’s product portfolio and how they solve recurrent airlines' needs and limitations.
- Help crafting impactful pitches for SDRs (early stages), and SDs (later stages of the sales cycle).
- Contacting C-level prospects of potential clients to introduce them to Caravelo’s products.
- Effectively communicate the value propositions of Caravelo’s products to airlines’ C-level executives across all channels (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Schedule and conduct first meetings with key prospects, turning leads into “deal opportunities”.
- Supporting Sales Directors across the different stages of the sales funnel to maximize deal conversion (participating in meetings and developing sales deliverables such as demos, business cases, proposals, etc.).
2. Implementing sales strategy
- Gather industry knowledge about global and local trends affecting our potential clients and define outbound sales strategies.
- Participate in defining and executing strategic sales campaigns and projects alongside Marketing.
- Support the sales team in keeping the CRM updated.
- Support Sales Directors in analyzing our sales KPIs and contribute to strategic decision-making to optimize our sales conversion rate and meet sales goals.
- Contribute to identifying opportunities for improvement regarding internal team organization and processes.
- Contribute to training and developing our SDRs skills alongside Sales Directors to improve the team’s performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of proven sales experience in selling B2B SaaS business models.
- Proficiency in using CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc.)
- Fluent in English (both oral and written).
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in order to express technical and non-technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills to meet goals and set strategic priorities.
- Proactive, organized, and able to perform under stressful and uncertain environments.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a similar area.
- Leadership skills and team management experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the Airline/Travel industries.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Possibility to work with a Hybrid setup!
- Flexible working hours and 23 days of paid holidays
- Salary reviews every 6 months
- Inclusive work environment
- A nice, new office in the heart of Barcelona
- Plenty of space for personal and professional development
- The possibility to see the results of your work and have a real impact on the business
If you live in Spain, you will also get access to benefits paid from your gross salary (Health insurance, Transport / Restaurant / Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership.
At Caravelo we are always looking for people with the right mix of passion, authenticity, and attitude to join our team. We are also proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level