Business Development Manager - APAC (f/m/d)
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
What is the role?
- Winning new business for Primer - to identify potential merchant customers, establishing and building relationships, and build and manage a sales pipeline end-to-end
- Outreach to key stakeholders within merchants, up to C-level (via existing networks, LinkedIn, email, events and more)
- Developing a strong understanding of Primer and our value proposition, to be able to communicate fluidly with technical stakeholders
- Collaborating with peers to make Primer a success - we're a growing company, where everyone can have an input into how things are being done
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a new-revenue role in B2B sales, with an excellent track record of closing deals and meeting quotas
- Someone who can prospect and qualify new opportunities with ease
- An analytical and logical approach to sales - with structured outreach, and impeccable organisation
- A confident and fluid communication style, able to naturally engage, influence, and persuade
- Experience solution selling complex technical products (payments is highly desirable but not essential)
- Drive and ambition - we're a company that's growing fast, and we want you to grow with us
How we work 🤖
- Slack is our go to tool for daily communication
- We conduct team meetings over Zoom
- We use Loom for asynchronous video comms, documentation and presentations
- We encourage open discussion and debate, and place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output
- We're distributed but not alone! We might be working around the world but we believe in the value in getting to know each other outside of working hours
- We get together for a weekly game night, and a Friday showcase to review and celebrate the past week at Primer
Primer perks 😎
- 💸 Shared ownership: Joining Primer means that you will own part of the company
- 🌏 Flexible working: We're output-oriented so where you work, when you work, how you work - that's up to you
- 💻 Technology: get hooked up with the tools you need to do your best work
- 🤑 Home office setup: create your perfect at-home working environment — on us
- 📚 Personal development: Need books or other learning resources? They're on us
- 🎉 Referral bonus: refer-a-friend and help shape the team
- 👯♀️ Company retreats: quarterly "workations" and bi-annual retreats (when possible!)
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level