Business Development Manager
About the company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer and spin-out from the University of Cambridge, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors by applying cutting-edge material technologies and solutions to unleash the full potential of GaN to revolutionise the electronics industry.
Porotech’s unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials providing new opportunities for device engineering. We can control the process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical, and consequently offering an entirely new material platform for semiconductor devices to be built upon.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. GaN-based LEDs can save 10% of entire world’s electricity consumption. GaN-based transistors can operate 100 times faster than those in silicon whilst consuming 10 times less power.
Porotech’s unique and world leading material technologies and device solutions will deliver multifunctional GaN semiconductor wafers with material properties and functionalities tailored and targeted to high impact final device applications. GaN has enormous potential in energy efficient lighting and power management, as well as lasers, quantum light sources, sensors, and energy generation, and our new material technologies will help make that potential a reality.
About the role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager. The role will be based in Cambridge, UK, with national and international travel. If you have this mindset and believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To establish a strong working relationship with existing and new customers at all levels
- Work with the Commercial team to turn strategic objectives into tactical goals for all of the client’s product and services offering.
- Prepare strategic account plans for each key target customer for short, mid, and long-term growth and profitability
- Manage customer requirements (projects) across functional areas to deliver in a coordinated, focused, structured and targeted manner.
- Provide quotations in accordance with the internal procedures, in a structured and timely manner.
- Ensure a formal contractual relationship is established from the outset of any programme
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure new business operates to agreed credit limits and is established with the client’s Terms and Conditions. Exceptions must be agreed with the senior management team.
- Develop business to the agreed Gross Margin target.
- Ensure orders are raised for all completed work and any additional activity undertaken, outside the scope of supply, is charged for.
- Attend tradeshows to identify new markets and customer opportunities, strategies and strengths of the competition.
- Attend other events (such as tradeshows) to network and generate new business opportunities.
- Use the CRM system to manage a pipeline of new business
- Collaborate with the Technical and Commercial Team and the Finance Department to develop an annual budget.
- Work with the departmental heads to review and enhance the commercial and technical offering. This may include suggestions of new products or services to be developed.
- Undertake travel (national and / or international) where appropriate.
- Undertake an annual PDR with the CEO where you will be set clear objectives for revenue, margin, overall performance and training.
- Hold regular account review meetings with customers.
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate will benefit from a generous company share option program. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]. We look forward to making your acquaintance.