Business Development Intern (f/m/d)
Business Development Intern (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere, and we're looking for ambitious pioneers to join us in this journey. Today, we count 30+ talented people from 15 different countries. We’re based in Berlin, Germany.
As our next Business Development intern, you’ll have the opportunity to live a Fintech startup experience and learn from a team of experienced AAA-players. You’ll support the Growth team in all sales, marketing & business development activities. You’re excited about making a difference in a fast-growing startup, and driven to join us building the financial infrastructure of tomorrow.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn from inside out how the Fintech industry operates, and support go to market initiatives for Upvest
- Support the Growth team in creating compelling pitches for our clients
- Proactively ideate and execute marketing activities (e.g. content creation, website, PRs etc.)
- Conduct independent market research to identify, collect, manage and analyse relevant business data
- Collaborate cross functionally, supporting the team with external (clients, partners, etc.) and internal (product team, legal team, etc.) stakeholders
- You can commit to a 3 to 6-month internship, based in Berlin
- You are currently studying or has just graduated with a degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- You’re fluent in English, both written and spoken (German is a plus)
- You’re hungry to learn & passionate about the Fintech industry
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We're looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
- Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forward.
- Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
- Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
- Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.