We are Motley, the VC-backed challenger brand with a new supply chain model to disrupt the huge but antiquated jewellery industry – and make great design scalable and affordable.
Our model is underpinned by an innovative supply chain, outsourcing design but taking production in house. We believe in putting jewellery designers back on top, where they belong. In other words, we’re finishing what Bauhaus started.
We invest in the quality of our materials and production, rejecting fast fashion, creating products that last and driving sustainable and clean practices into an industry in desperate need of it.
Our journey so far
Founded in October 2018, we’re at a stage of rapid growth. We’re looking for someone to be a crucial part of that early journey with us, who genuinely wants to be part of disrupting an industry that’s ready for a shake-up. We’re at a pivotal stage of our brand development; with the challenge to communicate our unique business model & the benefits it creates for our customers.
Reporting to the Head of Brand, the Brand Manager will be critical to setting Motley up for huge brand growth.
More specifically, you will:
- Drive brand marketing initiatives from concept (coming up with insight-driven innovative campaign ideas) through to execution, including briefing our in-house Creative team and facilitating creative for our Growth team
- Source new influencers & Brand partnerships, and nurture our existing relationships
- Drive brand awareness and engagement through PR & comms (including events & experiential), managing our PR agency day-to-day
- Own organic social media for Motley, driving brand engagement and traffic to our website
- Oversee editorial content & SEO, including ideas and content for brand emails
- Execute Direct Mail campaigns, and potentially in the future, ATL, making sure they are seamlessly integrated with our online customer journey
- Support with our retail channel, making sure we are effectively communicating our brand USPs in-store and that we’re amplifying this experience across our owned & partner channels
- Track and report on all organic campaigns against business objectives, using performance insights to inform future campaigns
- Act as a guardian of the Motley brand, working closely with all channel owners to implement consistent brand guidelines across the business
- Manage two direct reports (Marketing Executive and Content Executive) and support them in their development goals
We know brilliant people can come from a wide range of places – but we wouldn't be surprised if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a marketing role, whether that’s it in-house for a brand, or for an agency - ideally with another direct-to-consumer or digital brand
- A clear track record of utilising brand strategy and organic marketing channels to effectively establish a brand
- Experience in coming up with creative brand campaign concepts and executing them effectively
- Experience of working in an early stage start up is a nice-to-have
Who You Are
- You have a brilliant combination of left and right brain: you understand the power of creativity and the rigour of commerciality when building brands
- You’re an organised self-starter and love to drive projects forward
- You are a great communicator, both written & verbally
- You’re open minded and flexible – you're happy to respond to changing circumstances and priorities while keeping a cool head
- Brilliant at working collaboratively, you excel in a team environment; you’re naturally kind and thoughtful
- You’re people-focused - you’re just as excited about the prospect of developing your team as you are about your own development
- You’re happy to get stuck in and get your hands dirty
- You have huge drive and ambition – you want to build something great
- Unlimited annual leave
- Training & development budget
- Niche historical chat
- The chance to build something great with an innovative, growing brand
- We’re currently coming into our airy London office around 2 days a week, working remotely for the rest of the week
At Motley, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and believe it’s critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.