Thanks for checking out our job description for our Brand and Content Director at Impala. We’re proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
More about Impala
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We're making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we're going to be at the centre of that... Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
We’re looking for someone that is a strategic executor to take on initially an IC role (with the opportunity to transition to people-management in the medium term).
- You will be responsible for refining our visual identity and corralling our rough yet distinctive and experimental voice and deploying it in the form of a brand and content strategy that increases positive brand recognition of Impala.
- You’ll ideate and lead cross-platform, cohesive brand and content marketing campaigns that tie into the overarching strategy.
- You’ll create ongoing content across our blog, social channels and other platforms that position us as a thought leader in the travel tech space.
- You’ll ensure that all touch points such as our website, sales material, investor relations, job specs accurately represent and bring our brand to life
- You’ll liaise directly with external PR and Brand agencies to ensure that Impala owns its perception amongst our key audiences.
- You’ll be responsible for working with our People & Talent team to ensure that we have a strong employee and recruitment brand.
You should join us if you:
- Have extensive experience creating branded content and running marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- You’re a talented writer (a journalistic background is a plus) who is able to craft an original voice and represent it across multiple touch points.
- You’re truly interested in travel, technology and remote. You’re going to be writing about all three, that’s got to be interesting to you.
- You have a keen eye for design and a high quality bar. You understand how to represent a brand both visually and tonally across multiple channels.
- You’re an original thinker, full of ideas and new angles. There are a lot of roles out there for those that want to follow the trends, this isn’t one of them, here you’ll have to define and set the trends.
- You’ve worked with external Brand and PR agencies on activating campaigns and building narratives across key audiences.
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You are proactive and have the ability to test, learn and iterate quickly.
- You’re comfortable in a remote-first environment. We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace. We also have a hub in Shoreditch for in person collaboration.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and getting told what to do.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
We also have a dedicated Remote Experience Manager in the team, whose role is, amongst other things, to ensure your happiness, and help you integrate and feel empowered whilst working remotely. We also (covid allowing) regularly get together in person for collaboration sessions either at our hub in Shoreditch or wherever makes sense for the team.
Life and Logistics
Right-click on this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it's a pretty great place to work, and we're proud to share some insight as to why.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won't be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.