Blockchain Engineer (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As a Coin/Token Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and maintenance of coins/tokens and blockchain nodes in the Bitpanda Ecosystem.
About the Team:
The Digital Assets area is responsible for offering market conform prices of digital assets to our users as well as for integrating new assets into the Bitpanda ecosystem. Teams working in this area will get the chance to participate in all phases of blockchain integration such as research, evaluation and design and implementation, while making sure to comply with our quality and security standards.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in all phases of blockchain integration such as research, evaluation, design and implementation
- Constant evaluation of the Bitpanda Ecosystem to identify and resolve any security issues
- Set up and secure servers and nodes and perform regular maintenance to ensure business continuity
What we’re looking for:
- Professional experience working with Python and blockchain technologies
- Advanced knowledge of blockchain concepts like distributed ledger, consensus and smart contracts
- Deep understanding of REST service anatomy
- Knowledge of blockchain daemons such as bitcoind, Geth, Parity
- Highly skilled in writing quality code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.