Battery Modeling Engineer (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · München
About the role
Our team Development Solutions develops new and innovative solutions for the development cycle of lithium-ion batteries worldwide. We mainly work on laboratory measurement-based battery models and lab data analytic solutions. Besides that, we run the TWAICE labs and generate different kind of data for our solutions.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Battery Modeling Engineer (m/f/d) with broad domain knowledge in the field of lithium-ion batteries and experience in battery aging models. With your analytical and creative way of thinking you will develop innovative approaches and deliver high quality implementation work in an agile fast-paced environment. Additionally, you like to work together with our customers and support the TWAICE internal customer success team with your expert knowledge.
Your daily business will involve
- Develop and improve our electrical, thermal and aging battery models as part of the development solutions team
- Take on responsibility for our modeling processes with a focus on the ageing part
- Research and apply new approaches for lab data based ageing models in combination with field data to complement and improve our existing tools and models
- Work closely with our lab engineers on improving existing testing approaches
- Support the customer success team and drive the customer exchange requests and delivery
- Drive and discuss customer technical issues within our engineering teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in electrical engineering, control engineering, simulation engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of battery modeling / simulation experience working in the automotive or energy industry
- Excellent skills in Matlab/Simulink mandatory and a programming language, e.g. Python
- Very good understanding of lithium-ion batteries and energy technologies
- Experience in software development and versioning in e.g. Git
- Experience in developing products in an agile environment is a plus
- Motivated to deliver high quality implementation work
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at a time and drive them to successful completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive-minded, customer focused, and service-oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Apart from you having a meaningful activity in one of the most exciting areas of our time, we care about your mental and physical health. We care about your flexible working time and your time off, about your social environment and your personal growth.
We offer you:
- A very competitive salary
- Training budget 2000€/year and further training possibilities within the company
- Free healthy breakfast, free healthy lunch, free snacks, drinks and coffee
- Free access to a tool of your choice (skillshare or coursera)
- Gympass Membership (subsidized access to gyms - not only for you, but also for your family and friends)
- Flexible working hours and flexible homeoffice - work wherever and whenever you want
- Mobile and remote working (working from another city? No problem!)
- A high degree of personal responsibility, creative freedom and opportunities
- Strong team culture with regular team events and off-sites (Summer and Christmas party, at least one big off-site, Oktoberfest (Wiesn) event, Cocktail and Movie nights once a month, regular team and sports events, company kitchen with cooking events)
- International team and relocation budget of 800€
- Borrow our e-Golf for private purposes and free EV-charging at our company
- Book circle (Order a book via TWAICE - we pay for it, you read it)
The world is transitioning towards renewable energy generation and sustainable transportation to counteract global climate change. Batteries are both the key and the achilles heel of this transition. Our mission is to enable efficient development and long lifetime of stationary energy storage systems and electric vehicles with our Predictive Battery Analytic Software based on Digital Twins. Join us on our way to an emission free future. We are a fast growing venture capital financed start-up of about 100 employees – Become part of the family!
We appreciate your interest in TWAICE Technologies GmbH. Please fill in the following short form. Should you have any difficulties in uploading your files, please contact us by mail at email@example.com.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level