Hi! We are Billie: a breakthrough Fintech startup in Berlin that aims to revolutionize small business financing. We have a world-class team and some of the strongest investors in Europe backing our company. Based on big data analytics, fully digitalized processes and a highly scalable, state of the art tech platform, we offer the simplest and fastest way for small businesses to access capital. Our innovative solution provides financing against the open invoices of small businesses – no hidden fees, no paperwork, no boring bank branches.
We are a tech company creating financial products, not a financial company that makes some software. We create freedom through innovation, and that means using technology and automation to empower our customers and our teams to deliver meaningful, creative work and results. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation today and for scalability now.
OUR TECH STACK:
Billie is moving fast towards a microservice architecture written mainly in PHP 7(Symfony4), a bit of Python and a bit of GoLang. The services talk to each other using REST, RabbitMQ and GraphQL. Data is stored in MySql and SnowFlake. It lives in AWS. We have no legacy code and we are always eager to update our stack to the newest versions.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience as a Software Developer.
- Deep understanding in at least one backend language (preferably PHP 7, Symfony 3 or 4).
- Sound knowledge in relational database systems (preferably MySql).
- Experience with agile engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, and CI/CD.
- Good understanding of REST and RabbitMQ or similar queues.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to B2B customers is a plus.
- AWS services knowledge would be nice.
- Experience with complex back-end systems, especially in the financial industry will enable you to dive deep into the product very quickly.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe with a great mission: empower small businesses through automation and innovation!
- One of the most competitive virtual shares incentive schemes in the German market.
- A great office near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym, healthy snacks and cereals, fruits, coffee and drinks (we actually have a full fledged Italian-style espresso machine and you can grind the beans fresh right there!)
- Yearly personal development budget for you to get books, courses, participation in conferences and whatever you think you need to become better as you grow with us!
- Relocation bonus if you have to move to Berlin. We also offer free German classes.
- 25 vacation days per year, extra day off during the Christmas/NY holidays, flexible hours (or: “freedom with responsibility”) and Work from Home availability.
- Becoming part of an international team of highly motivated, experienced, and skilled top performers where hierarchies don't matter, but passion and drive do.
- No legacy code, work in nimble cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company.
- You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that also want to learn from you!
- A fantastic learning opportunity to develop your knowledge in the FinTech space.
UP FOR A CHALLENGE?
We are looking forward to receiving your application and getting to know you better!