Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
We believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. Inkitt is our self-publishing platform where anyone can upload and share their stories for free. We analyze our users' reading behavior with a unique algorithm to identify potential bestsellers, which we then license for our innovative Galatea app. Currently, our most successful author is Sapir Englard, a twenty-year-old author from Israel who uploaded her story to Inkitt in 2018. Now, her story is selling faster than Harry Potter did in the same period of time!
At present, we are a team of 75 passionate and dedicated entrepreneurs, engineers, and artists. We are proud that our mission convinced early Investors of Google and Spotify as well as talents from Activision Blizzard, DeliveryHero, Babbel, N26, and Glovo. Come work with us and help us build the Disney of the 21st Century!
The Backend Engineer position is for all of you, experienced builders, out there who want to join our Inkitt Platform Team and build the foundation for our company’s future.
- Develop key components and APIs powering our Inkitt and Galatea mobile applications
- Create documentation, and support application teams in developing against those APIs
- Write and maintain software components in Golang, Ruby, NodeJS, and Python
- Participate in the incubation of new business-transforming consumer products and services
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in at least one back-end language and a strong desire to learn others
- Proven track record of delivering scalable APIs supporting millions of end-users
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, caches, and CDNs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
No matter if you're remote or onsite - this is what we offer you:
· Flat hierarchy in a fast working environment + flexible working hours
· Bi-weekly All-hands meetings and company updates
· An unlimited budget for books and unlimited credits for our Galatea App
· Access to online personal development platforms such as masterclass.com
· German language classes, Mental Wellness Program
· Remote: Regular virtual team events (game nights or team buildings) with groups of colleagues or just 1-1
· Remote: No matter in which time zone you are, we will adapt to it the best way we can
· Remote: Digital feedback tools that will allow you to share and receive feedback anytime & everywhere
· Berlin: An extremely cozy, plant-filled and dog-friendly office, which could not be better located in the heart of Berlin (Alexanderplatz/Hackescher Markt)
· Berlin: Regular local team events as well as free fruit, coffee, tea, and dinners in the office
· Berlin: Sponsored cross-functional lunches and city-exploring events
And once we're all vaccinated:
· Free yoga and HITT training classes in the office several times a week
· Regular team-building and cross-functional events
· Free fruit, coffee, tea, and dinners in the office
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!