Backend Developer (d/f/m)
Backend Developer (d/f/m)
We are a fintech startup, working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. CANDIS uses Artificial Intelligence to automate tedious financial processes (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments) for small and medium-sized companies. We use Machine Learning to automate accounting processes, automate accounting workflows, and empower companies with real-time data and insights to make better financial choices.
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
- YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence - “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
- WE: Collaboration & Humanity - The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
- CAN: Learning & Improving - “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
- DIS: Focus & Ownership - We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered.
What You’ll Do:As a Backend Engineer, you have the opportunity to contribute to Backend, Operations, and Infrastructure. You will collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and Machine Learning Engineers to create a best-in-class experience for our customers.
As a Professional- or Senior-level Developer, you will mentor others and establish good software engineering practices within the team. Your contributions will be visible and appreciated. You will both own and drive technical projects and functionalities, helping us to navigate toward a more event-driven system. You've been there, done that, and you know what works (and what doesn't).
Although we're currently working mostly in Typescript and Node.js, we know these can be learned. We're more interested in what you bring to the team!
The Tech Stack:
- Professional- or Senior-level experience as a Backend developer
- Experience with one or more systems programming languages for implementing Backend systems (Go, Rust, or similar)
- Experience working in an enterprise environment and building out systems in a language such as Java or .NET/C#
- Understanding of evented systems and messaging patterns (and an eagerness to share your knowledge in event-driven architecture)
- You have worked on SaaS products and know how to handle mission-critical systems at scale
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud native deployment experience
- Knowledge of additional architecture patterns: CQRS, event-sourcing, etc.
- You can put yourself in the shoes of our users and your teammates.
- You have a growth mindset and embrace the opportunity to learn from your work and your teammates. (You're also eager to share your experience and knowledge with the people around you!)
- You know that building software is a team effort and are critically aware of how your technical choices affect the success of the company.
- You’re interested in constantly learning how we can build better, more scalable, and maintainable solutions.
Don't worry about formalities. We care about you and your motivation – not the font size of your CV. We know that perfect candidates don’t exist, so even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you!
Feel free to contact us via e-mail, give us a call, drop by the office, or send a pigeon our way. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! :)