Back End Engineer
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
What's the role?
We're looking for great, product-minded engineers to create the best possible developer experience for accepting payments online. You'll be creating next generation payments infrastructure, building out workflows functionality, third party connections, and merchant facing APIs. We work with Python and Kubernetes on AWS, but hire agnostically.
Your day to day would involve:
- Designing and implementing highly secure, fault tolerant APIs
- Creating our next generation developer framework and workflows, allowing both merchants and third-parties to integrate as seamlessly as possible
- Working in close collaboration with infrastructure and frontend teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving our ways of working
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant developer experience
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the projects you work on
What are we looking for?
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems
- Experience of driving and using modern development practices such as BDD and TDD would be highly advantageous
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment