Associate (full-time), Marketplaces & Consumer, Munich/Berlin (f/m/d)
Speedinvest is one of Europe’s most active early-stage investors, with more than €400m AUM, 40 investors, an in-house team of operational experts, and offices in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco. Our focused investment teams partner with European founders building Deep Tech, Fintech, Industrial Tech, Network Effects, Digital Health and Subscriptions startups. Examples of our success stories are startups like wefox, GoStudent, TIER, Adverity, Schüttflix, Bitpanda, Twaice and many more.
You will play an active role in building our relationship with founders and helping them from the beginning to the end of the investment journey.
You will be responsible for trend scouting, deal sourcing, and due diligence for investment opportunities. Furthermore, you will be instrumental in engaging existing portfolio companies and in providing them with operational support, working on their ideas and supporting them with your “can-do” attitude.
- Source and screen startups relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Perform in-depth commercial and financial due diligence
- Build financial models and perform company valuations
- Prepare summary materials and present investment recommendations in deal meetings
- Actively monitor portfolio companies and help with key strategic projects, including fundraising and business development
- Represent Speedinvest at conferences and events
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience at startups or in a fast-paced work environment (such as VC, PE, Tech startup, Consulting, IB)
- Good numerical skills and attention to detail
- Interest in the latest technological developments (especially Marketplaces) and working with startups
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing nature
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dedicated work ethic, proactive attitude and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Fluent in English
- Opportunity to work in a successful, innovative European Venture Capital Fund within an international team.
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Working directly and hands-on with founders and their startups
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits.
If you want to work with startups and are passionate about making an impact, we look forward to receiving your application.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.