AML Transaction Monitoring Specialist - Evening or Night Shift ( m/f/d)
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 600+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Please note that our Team is working on 24/7 schedule and now we are looking for additional Team members to cover evening & night shifts only.
The 5-day week can be either Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday, no Mon-Friday is available.
As an AML Transaction Monitoring Specialist at Bitpanda, your mission is to analyse user data in order to mitigate risks and comply with regulations. You are well-versed in the principles of financial crime patterns and also possess a very strong, problem-solving-oriented mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Perform day-to-day review for Source of Funds (cryptocurrencies and fiat), oversee risk-relevant activities of user accounts and collaborate with other teams
- Collect and analyse user financial data, as well as explanations and documents to identify and report potential suspicious activity, including money laundering, terrorist financing, human trafficking, fraud and other possible financial crimes
- Conduct investigations over available tools, databases and online search
- Document and report high-risk review/investigation findings and escalate to the next level
- Provide insight and recommendations for streamlining the various processes relating to high-risk customers and investigations
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience with AML investigations
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Economics or a similar field
- Comprehensive understanding of all types of financial crime patterns
- Knowledge of and interest in the field of cryptocurrencies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- An attractive individual stock option plan in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.