Accounting Products and Features Specialist (f/m/d)
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 600+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
At Bitpanda we set for innovative solutions and want to help make the world of investment accessible for everyone everywhere. To achieve our mission, we challenge the status quo of the currently available financial services and introducing new features and products to our B2B and B2B2C Clients.
As an Accountant for the New Products & Expansion, you will be a connector between the Engineering Product Team and the Accounting Team, helping to design, launch and bill the new products and features with smooth and compliant accounting standards, processes & controls in mind.
What you’ll do
- Act as an intermediary between the Bitpanda Product and Finance teams, ensuring smooth collaboration as well as effective communication and information exchange between the Teams
- Research, identify and request the accounting requirements for new products, features and markets
- Develop accounting treatments and posting logic according to IFRS and find compliant workaround solutions when needed
- Provide your accounting expertise during the whole assessment process (end to end)
- Guide the reconciliation process after launch and perform the defined controls. Shape efficient and reasonable reconciliation processes and controls for the relevant accounts
- Ensure the correctness and completeness of the implementation of all defined accounting requirements
- Collaborate with other Bitpanda counterparts, e.g. BI or Legal departments
Who you are
- 6+ years of versatile experience in financial accounting, preferably in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Successful track record of developing complex new accounting solutions and processes, designing and implementing ad-hoc projects that involved broad cross-functional collaboration
- Deep understanding of accounting and finance processes, especially in defining technical requirements
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- You are an outstanding project manager with a solution-oriented mindset
- Hands-on experience with Dynamics NAV or NetSuite
- Excellent English skills, German is a strong advantage
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- An attractive individual stock option plan in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.