Account Executive - Europe (f/m/d)
To date, Gitpod sales motion has been founder-led and entirely inbound. We have learned a lot about our customers, their challenges, and how we uniquely address them. It is time to lay the foundation for a larger sales organization. These are the first two hires for sales at Gitpod, one in North America and one in Europe. These individuals will help us shape the sales organization in the future. We already know who our customers will be. Let us start with GitLab’s most recent quarterly results, with 5,168 customers paying more than $5K and 545 paying more than $100K. On top of that, add in GitHub Enterprise customers and Atlassian Bitbucket.
There is no better time to join and have an impact in building a sales organization that reflects our values. You will be joining a team where you are empowered not just to meet but to exceed your sales goals—working together with Solution Engineers and Customer Success Managers. As a result, we are aligned for our collective success. The entire Customer Experience organization has the support of our founders, who understand that the best way to build a team is through demonstrated success.
Our mission is to remove all friction from the developer experience to be always ready-to-code and make software engineering more collaborative, joyful, and secure.
Gitpod enables remote development without friction through automated, cloud-based developer environments that are radically changing the way developers work.
We are a highly-motivated, fully-remote, and globally distributed team. We are organized in a flat hierarchy, led by technical founders, and funded by leading VCs like General Catalyst.
We celebrate diversity and strive for an equitable, inclusive, empathetic, and welcoming environment.
- Demonstrated history of Enterprise sales excellence
- Significant experience building, scaling, and leading sales teams
- Desire to lead and develop people in the future
An Account Executive at Gitpod will represent these attributes.
👯♀️ People first
You are empathetic and have a people-first mindset. You’ve got strong stakeholder management skills and experience in driving system implementation and managing ambiguity.
🏢 Customer Centered
We are successful when our customers are successful. We are students of the customer's business.
👌 Strategic partnership
Your entrepreneurial spirit and collaboration skills help develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve our mission. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and you are willing to take risks while considering impact as we rapidly grow and change.
🗣 Remote-work advocate
We are fully remote and globally distributed. You value asynchronous, written communication and express yourself concisely. You’re prepared to set the tone for what future Gitpodders can expect when joining our team and demonstrate the value of working in a remote and asynchronous environment.
🐍 Data-driven decisions
Numbers are your friend and a regular in your analytical and problem solving toolkit. You don’t lose yourself in details and know what level of insight is needed in order to drive decisions forward and measure success.
🍊Share our core values
We aim for a frictionless experience when interacting with our product, our company and our brand: no hurdles, no BS, no unnecessary extra steps. We are open minded, inclusive, transparent, and curious. Our core values are at the center of everything we do.
If the above sounds like you, please apply! This is a full time position and we are in search of applicants that have technical recruiting experience and have significantly participated in scaling talent acquisition at a high-growth company, preferably in high-growth startups, consulting, or venture capital.
Slack for comms, Notion as our virtual HQ, Pitch for slides, Loom for screencasts, Salesforce for CRM, and a few others. We are in the process of optimizing and automating our processes with the right tool stack.
We care about you
- 6 weeks paid time off plus holidays
- Fully remote & flexible working hours
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Regular offsites with the whole company
- Mental health stipend
- Educational stipend
- Physical health stipend
- Premium work-from-home equipment
We are a fully remote - so is our hiring process. You can expect a mix of written and async communication, in addition to sync communication later in the process.
- Step 1 - Submit your application by filling out the form on the right side. The more information you give us, the better.
- Step 2 - Screening questionnaire (async). We'll send a couple of questions that you can either answer in text or by recording a Loom video.
- Step 3 - Interview. We are interested in how you would tackle solving some of our real challenges.
- Step 4 - Gitpod Fit. All Gitpodders share a set of core values. Get to know our founders and see if there is fit and a common ground for a successful working relationship.
- Step 5 - References. Before receiving the offer we would like to better understand how former colleagues have worked together with you.
- Step 6 - Join Gitpod and help remove friction from the developer experience 🍾
Years of experience