Account Executive (AE) (f/m/d)
💭 About Stotles
🎖 Our mission is to unlock the potential of business and government working better, together.
The partnership between business and government is vital in making our communities productive & cohesive, but inefficiency and bureaucracy is currently the norm. We are using a modern approach to change this.
Our SaaS platform gives businesses a clear view of opportunities to work with the public sector, and the tools needed to manage them. We are bringing together a massive amount of messy government data to bring clarity and transparency to a space that desperately needs it.
We've seen fantastic traction from industry leading customers such as UiPath, Gitlab, Workday, Freshworks and Tableau and our growth trajectory is on the rise 🚀. So we’re looking for a superstar for one of our first Sales hires to join the ride at what we think is the most exciting time!
💡 About this Role & Why We're Hiring
It's go time at Stotles. Here's why we're looking for you.
We operate in a sector ripe for technological improvement. Our market is hungry for change - and we’ve only touched the surface of our growth potential.
As we prepare for next stages of growth, we’re hiring highly-motivated, commercially-minded, strategic individuals to join as our first sales hires!
You could think of it as Account Executive (AE) role, with huge input into our sales strategy and the growth potential to advance quickly as our company grows.
You’ll be joining a group of curious, data-driven commercial professionals who are eager to test and experiment with new methods that drive Stotles’ growth.
We have big plans for the rest of 2022 so we need somebody excited by the opportunity, ready to hit the ground running, and ready to build our sales domain to the next level.
💷 Comp Range: £45k-£55k salary (depending on experience) + uncapped commission + equity
🔨 What You'll Do
We’re looking for our first sales hire to own our end-to-end sales process. You’ll report directly to the CEO and be a key component of the early sales team as it grows.
Everyday, you will:
- Own your sales pipeline: Work closely with our Growth team to develop and grow your sales pipeline, using methods and approaches that shorten sales cycles, increase conversion rates, and minimise customer churn later in their life cycle
- Turn booked calls into new customers: Understand prospective customer requirements, lead product demos, explain the Stotles proposition, handle objections, negotiate, and close the deal
- Be the eyes and ears to the market: Your inputs at the front lines of the market are critical to improve our product and messaging
This means you will need to:
- Sharpen and apply qualification frameworks
- Build relationships that are focused on long-term value and a reputation of trust
- Create & test new sales collateral using our product to connect evolving customers’ pains to our product offering
- Contribute to structural improvements in our pricing and plans
- Shape our commercial deal-close process
- Coach, mentor, and develop new hires that join your team over time
⌨️ Who We're Looking For
- 3-4 years of experience as a high-performing individual contributor in B2B SaaS sales roles.
- B2B SaaS: You’ve worked in a world-class, high-growth B2B SaaS sales operation (you know what good looks like)
- Growth & development: Proven ability to grow and progress your experience (e.g. experience as a Business Development Rep (BDR), and either (a) ahead of schedule, or (b) already promoted to, a Senior BDR or Junior Account Executive.
- Complex products: You’ve worked with complex product features and value propositions, and have translated these into compelling recommendations that solve potential customers’ problems.
- Stakeholder rapport: Experience working with all kinds of stakeholders — from senior-level decision makers to entry level product users.
- Start-up life (+): Experience in a start-up is a plus.
- Public sector pain (+): Experience with the pains of selling to public sector is a plus.
- Proficiency with CRM and related sales stack systems, including HubSpot and Intercom (or similar platforms). You will have input into shaping and improving our Sales playbook
- An entrepreneurial approach, making you a thought partner who does not “sell” anything, but develops trust and solutions together with the prospect to create true added value
- Excellent, adaptable interpersonal and communications skills to be able to build lasting rapport with both our clients (from senior-level decision makers to entry level product users) and our internal team.
- Define and track quotas that establish ambitious, but realistic, targets aligned to company goals
- Ability to listen, and translate market and customer pains and feedback into (a) value-add recommendations and (b) on-going product development
- Highly proficient English (written and spoken) essential
- Strategically creative: Able to think outside of the box and come up with concepts some might deem crazy, while making sure they fit in-line with our broader strategy
- Data-driven and outcome-focused: Able to understand and articulate technical concepts or data-findings, and communicate them in ways our target audiences can understand
- Ambitiously curious: Eager to learn skills and technologies outside of your comfort zone, take on tasks that scare you, and grow as a leader at Stotles
- Focused on impact, not output: Willing to flex across methods and beyond this job description to solve the challenge at hand
- Dependable & detail-orientated; deliver on the commitments you make to the team, from the big picture results to the nuanced details
- No egos - we all wear many hats! As the sales domain matures, we need someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty on what may seem like “junior” tasks, while also being ready to zoom out evaluate your sales strategy in a “senior” way
- Unafraid to say, "I don't know the answer, but I have a few ideas on how we can find out"
- Creative and adaptive; things change quickly at Stotles and sometimes we need to build a world-class campaign without much foresight so you need to have a track record of showing initiative and finding ways to get things done when ambiguity is high
- Open to feedback and happy to collaborate. Aristotle said ‘the whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts’ and that’s how we work at Stotles
- Able to listen, think logically and strategically to solve complex problems and juggle multiple priorities at once
📢 Most importantly, we're looking for curious, ambitious people who love to learn and want to be a part of building something special. If (for any reason) you don't fit our requirements but you're passionate about our vision, don't hesitate to apply!
👉 You at Stotles
📈 How you'll learn and grow
🧠 What you will learn
We believe individual learning is extremely important. In addition to a dedicated budget for personal development, here are some of the things you'll learn as you go:
You will be one of the first hires of the Sales team. This means tremendous opportunity to shape the domain at Stotles. We don’t yet have market dominance, but that is our goal. If you want to have an instrumental role in building a scalable SaaS sales engine from the ground up, this is your chance!
We're working with massive amounts of data, from different channels, our customers and our product. This gives you the chance to get your hands dirty and play with data using novel techniques and interesting tools.
Mentor/mentee opportunities as the team grows (hint: it will). The idea is that you will progress to become an Account Executive and eventually a sales leader as we grow.
Working at Stotles provides many opportunities to grow. This takes shape across positions, teams, and geographies. As an early employee, we're not just hiring you as our first sales hire or an Junior AE, but also a future leader of our company. So, on-going progression is an integral part of your journey at Stotles.
We're committed to helping you create avenues for long-term growth - both personal and professional. Here are some progression and growth opportunities we commit to you:
A Future Leader & Mentor
As an early-stage company we are always growing and scaling. Evolution is vital. We're committed to supporting your growth and development so you continue to level up your responsibility and impact. We'll entrust you with building and mentoring world-class teams.
Skin in the Game
We provide equity options to our early employees from the get-go, and at key milestones in your journey. You're integral to writing this story with us.
Builder of Networks
We'll create opportunities for you to develop relationships with global leaders across sectors, from VC's, to NGO's, to governments, to companies - for example, through involvement with our growing Customer Advisory Board.
We'll provide ways to help you learn, evolve, and stay sharp as quickly as the world around us changes - from both technical and non-technical areas - with options for sponsored events, mentoring and independent learning.
We're committed to growing the culture you need to feel empowered at work. We'll push you to be ambitious, we'll build trust, and we'll drive impact.
📆 What you'll do in a typical week
- Close new business deals! (It’s a sales role 🙂 )
- Work with leadership to shape the future of Stotles - You'll work directly with the leadership of the company to focus on ways we can grow our user-base. You'll feed learnings into, and be a part of, strategic discussions that determines how Stotles evolves.
- Weekly Commercial Team meeting - we operate on weekly sprints to discuss outcomes, and plan tasks for the following week.
- Bi-weekly product meeting - discuss the latest changes to the product and roadmap. We believe everyone should have a say in the direction of the product - this is especially relevant for how we directly communicate product updates to the market.
- 1-on-1 development sessions - discuss your progress and career goals as well as us having the chance to give us feedback on how you're finding Stotles life
- Physical & mental wellbeing - whether it's going to the gym, meditating, or anything else you might spend your wellbeing allowance on!
- Social Opportunities - we're a hybrid team so organise in-person team chills to stay connected & have fun. Get ready for Mario Kart tournaments, Wiki-Wars & regular lunch trips to explore the area!
📄 Next steps
🔎 Check out our interview process We're currently running the process online, but this is subject to change depending on the COVID situation.
Click the link below to submit your application. At each stage of the interview process, we'll ensure you have time to ask questions and get to know more about the role and our team. We aim to follow a three-stage process, but this can change form time to time. We'll keep you updated if that happens.
Stage 1 - Intro call: Approx. 30-minute. A chance to get to know each other, and chat through your experiences, motivations, and goals. Successful candidates will be asked to complete a short exercise, which you will present at stage 2.
Stage 2 - Communication & Skills Assessment: In-person/video call. Approx. 45-minutes. Candidates present results of the exercise to the Stotles team, with time for discussion and other questions. After this, 15-minutes of general conversation/Q&A about Stotles and getting to know the rest of the team.
Stage 3 - Meet the team: In-person/video call. Approx. 30-45 minutes. A chance to get to know the team, make sure we're the right fit for you (and vice versa) and ask any outstanding questions about life at Stotles.
From here we will make a final decision. We aim to offer successful candidates a role within 3 days subject to reference checks.
We're excited to meet you!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if any questions or comments.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level